n the framework of the 150th Anniversary for the foundation of the Politecnico di Milano, the Center for the Conservation and Promotion of Cultural Heritage organizes an international Conference to discuss new frontiers about the conservation and enhancement of Built Heritage.
This conference brings together university researchers, professionals and policy makers to illustrate and discuss the most pressing issues concerning the conservation of archaeological, architectural and urban landscapes. The conference official language is English.
In particular, the main goal of the conference is to discuss multi-disciplinary researches on complex Cultural Heritage sites, ranging from archaeological ruins, historical architecture and centers.
General and thematic discussions on architectural and archeological Heritage are both encouraged, taking into account the different point of view of researchers who are engaged in the enhancement of knowledge and practice, and professionals in charge of safeguarding.
Keynote speakers will present case studies representative of challenges and solutions adopted for the analysis, conservation and management of sites.
The main objectives of the conference are:
- use of cutting edge technologies for survey, representation and imaging;
- use of cutting edge technologies for material and structural diagnostic;
- development of risk assessment and protection systems;
- new methodologies for intervention, preventive conservation and maintenance;
- sustainable management, fruition and valorization of the sites;
- development of guidelines and best practices.
- 1st Call for Paper: November 30, 2012
- 2nd Call for Paper: January 30, 2013
- Abstract submission deadline: March 15, 2013
- Notification of acceptance: April 15, 2013
- Paper submission for online publication: July 15, 2013
- Opening conference registration: July 30, 2013
- Deadline for early registration: September 30, 2013
- Conference Day #1: November 18, 2013
- Expected Postprints by McGraw-Hill April, 2014
Dates: 18-20 November 2013