Universitat Politècnica de València and Instituto de Restauración del Patrimonio have the pleasure to invite you to participate on the Vernacular Earthen Architecture, Conservation and Sustainability International Conference SOStierra2017 | 3rd VerSus | 3rd ResTAPIA, which will take place in Valencia, Spain, from the 14th to the 16th of September 2017.
Abstracts can be submitted until the 1st of October 2017, at email@example.com
Abstract structure and example of abstract format are available at:
The Organizing Committee of SOStierra2017 | 3rd VerSus | 3rd ResTAPIA is pleased to inform that CRC/Balkema, Taylor & Francis group will publish the proceedings of the International Conference.
ICOMOS-ISCEAH. International Council on Monuments and Sites – International Scientific Committee on Earthen Architectural Heritage
ICOMOS-CIAV. International Council on Monuments and Sites – International Committee of Vernacular Architecture
ICOMOS-ISCARSAH. International Council on Monuments and Sites – International Scientific Committee on the Analysis and Restoration of Structures of Architectural Heritage
Chair UNESCO. Earthen Architecture, Building Cultures & Sustainable Development
PROTERRA. Iberian-American Network on Earthen Architecture and Construction
Topic 1: Vernacular earthen architecture.
Topic 2: Rehabilitation of vernacular earthen architecture.
Topic 3: Contemporary earthen architecture.
Topic 4: Restoration of monumental earthen architecture. 3rd ResTapia (International Conference on Rammed Earth Conservation).
Topic 5: Lessons from vernacular heritage for a sustainable contemporary architecture. 3rd VerSus (International Conference on Vernacular Heritage, Sustainability and Earthen Architecture).
Topic 6: Structural analysis of vernacular architecture.
– To enhance the disciplinary scope and the state of the art of vernacular and earthen architecture research;
– To have a relevant contribution to knowledge regarding materials & constructive techniques, cultural heritage & building cultures, territory & environmental adaptation, energy efficiency & sustainable design, natural hazards & risk mitigation, education & research focus;
– To encourage academic and scientific research collaboration on vernacular and earthen architecture, while contributing to the improvement of the built environment.
– To contribute to sustainable development at national and international levels.
– To strength the exchange and discussion concerning the achievements learnt on the disciplinary area;
– To contribute to the reflection regarding the future for vernacular and earthen architecture in today’s world of rapid global change.
– To discuss internationally, the research focus needed to strengthen the scientific area;
– To establish methods and strategies to meet to respond to nowadays challenges.
Language for abstracts and papers: English
Languages for oral presentation: English and Spanish
Information available at: http://sostierra2017.blogs.upv.es/